sister emily kemp has been called to serve in the california san fernando mission for the church of jesus christ of latter day saints
Monday, January 13, 2014
Week #48
This week was a crazy one that's for sure! Monday
night we did a boot camp with our ward and can I JUST SAY. Our marine
investigator Bryan avoided stairs the next few days...and I had to go on
BIKE for an exchange the next day! :) SO fun, Sister Rhoades has one
transfer left and I LOVE her! hahhaah so at one point I took off my
helmet and she gave me this weird look...and said "Blonde Kemp is
gone.....it's like Gandoff the White and Gandoff the Grey..." I've never
seen Lord of the Rings sooo this didn't make to much sense...but she is
just hilarious...so I'm sure it will give one of you a chuckle! We had a
lot of "Sister Training Leader" stuff happen this week...it's really
hard to see missionaries struggle, but it's awesome to see them change
for the better and grow from their trials! OKAY. We met the most awful
human being ever. We are going to call him "Bill" he came up to us while
we were street contacting this little mexican man and started yelling
at us "AREN'T YOU ASHAMED TO BE MORMON!!?!!" We were so shocked we kind
of just stood there with our mouths open a little and then he rudely
said "Ya stand there with your mouths open" "Mormons waste millions of
dollars on anti-gay rights when there are homeless people everywhere" So
the only words we spoke this whole time was "Well actually we do a lot
of humanitarian work..." SO THEN he started in on us as women and said
some crude things about women and said we were below men..yeah then he
looked at the poor little mexican man and started in on him yelling and
pointing at us "LOCO, LOCO IDIOSO IDIOSO, DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY
SPANISH?!?!!" :( All I wanted to say to him was "Aren't you ashamed?"
but oh well, ya live and ya live, I guess. We had an investigator this
week text us and tell us that he downloaded the Book of Mormon, D&C
and the Pearl of Great Price! He was so excited about it all! He is so
cool, and loves to learn, so he should be coming along soon! We had the
temple president come to our ward yesterday and it was AWESOME! He is a
convert so I think he really really touched Bryan, who is dating a
member and waiting for an answer if he should be baptized. One thing
that President Martz said was "Those who go to anything less than Heaven
will go there because of what they've done. Those who go to Heaven will
go there because of what/who they've become." loved that. Byran for
sure has a past, and needed to hear that. I have learned SO much this
week about the importance of the temple, of how BLESSED we are to have a
testimony of the fact that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has made it
possible for us to return to our Eternal Father in Heaven. That we can
be with our families FOREVER. Not just this life, but the next. I am so
thankful. SO FULL OF THANKS! AHHH. And as the subject says: Maybe you
aren't here for yourself. Remember that. When you find yourself
somewhere and you don't know how it will benefit you....Maybe you aren't
there for yourself. The Lord uses us for others all the time, allow him
to do so! I love you all! TRANSFER CALLS CAME!!!...Staying with my
LOVELY Sister Olsen! We have so much fun! See pictures on next email :)





