Monday, June 23, 2014

Week #71

This week was like wow. SUCH a good week!! Let's start off with this fact: God is good. We had amazing things with Investigators, we had hilarious moments, we had a hilarious "1st" wow. Okay, so this week started out with an exchange with Sister Hancock, my only other fellow IDAHOAN sister!! I love her! We had such a good time! We were walking down this HUGE hill in her area and we saw this mexican corn guy...and she was like "I've been here for 6 months and I've always wanted one!" SO of course I love to make dreams come true, so we went and got one! 
Inline image 1
it was delicious, covered in mayo, butter, chile powder, and cheese! She is so fun, love her! Then we had dinner with this cute group of old women in my ward, they kind of remind me of the golden girls if ya know what I mean! They are so funny! At the end of dinner we went around and asked them their favorite attribute of Christ, and one of them who is slightly less active, is kind of annoyed with God right now said...."well He's gorgeous!" hahahahahahaha we almost peed. Okay, NOT what we were expecting!! hahaha So then all of them were like, "Well he is! The pictures they've painted lately and the men they use for him in videos! He's gorgeous!" SO funny! One day Sis G and I were out knocking, and we see a "Beware of Dog" sign on a gate, so we tap on the gate to see if a dog would come running..nothing, so we opened it and got closer to the front door only to see it was wide open, so I got to it first and knocked on it, and see this dog get up and start ggrrrrrrrrrrrr...growling...and he runs to the door and BARRRRKKS Sis G didn't see him until he was REALLY barking and she let out a SCRREEEAM hahahaha he ended up stopping and smelling my skirt and then the owner jumped up fast and grabbed Bruno and put him outside. He ran back and was like "Oh no, did he bite you????" we were like...."DOES HE BITE??" "Ususally!" GOD IS GOOD. After we all stopped laughing he was like..."I am so sorry, I didn't hear your knock....but I heard your scream!" hahaha, we are hopefully gonna teach him this week! :) this one guy offered us water...and came out with mason jars and told us we could just take them...that was nice! 
                                      Inline image 2 
                         as we knockandknockandknockandknockandknockandknock!
                   
THEN we were out knocking again, and it was the last house of the street, and we knock and this 23ish year old opens the door, long story short, he was atheist, totally nice, took a pamphlet, and as were about to leave he was like..."before you go...do you two wanna come in and smoke a bowl?......thats what I do for my spirituality...I meditate and smoke weed" we just looked at each other.....and I was like....."no i think we're good...." Sister G.."thanks for the offer though"...hahahahha that was the first time I've ever been offered drugs! haahahaha SO funny! 

Okay spiritually awesome time! We found 6 new investigators this week!! :):):):) that's 6 new people to teach! Each of them are  awesome! and SO different! One of them is 2 daughters and a mother, who have investigated the church before the girls were born with her husband, and just didn't feel ready at that time. One was a member referral, she is a hair dresser and she is really really nice, one of them is a guy named David who just got out of the military in March, he's not sure if God is really there, but he's great! And one is a woman named Sarah who wants a place to learn and grow, that won't be judgmental of her past. I love all of them already! And can't wait to really really teach all of them! :) Sis G and I haven't found a new investigator our WHOLE time together, and then 6 in a two day period?? Wow. We are so blessed. Hard work pays off! I am loving life right now, SO happy! I hope all of you are having FABULOUS weeks! Know that I love you all so so so so much and that God is with you and hears your prayers! KEEP praying for what you want, it will come in HIS time! 
LOVE Sister Emily Kemp